Serves the southwest Planning and Service Area including the following counties:
|Big Stone||Le Sueur||Pipestone|
|Lac qui Parle||Nobles||Yellow Medicine|
- Assesses the needs of older persons and identifies gaps in service.
- Develops and administers an Area Plan.
- Awards Older Americans Act funding to organizations, agencies and units of government who provide supportive services and nutrition services to older adults and caregivers.
- Collaborates with agencies and organizations to develop a coordinated system for delivering needed services to older adults.
- Provides leadership in targeting and advocating for the needs of low-income, disable, vulnerable, frail and isolated older adults, paying particular attention to the special needs of low-income minority elders.