Our worlds have been flipped on its side recently with the latest pandemic sweeping across our communities. I wanted to take this opportunity to update everyone on how MNRAAA is doing as well as our partners.
MNRAAA enacted its emergency plan and Continuity of Operations Plan immediately upon hearing the Governor’s orders to close the schools. MNRAAA is structured to allow staff to work from home and found that this switch to full-time working from home was relatively seamless.
Currently, MNRAAA is fully operational and working to assist our older populations to thrive. All of our Title III providers are still working; although they may not be doing their normal work, they are still providing services in their communities. Below are a few examples of our partners and what they are doing. For a full list, visit www.helpolderadultsmn.org:
- Interfaith Caregivers Faith in Action – have added shopping for food and other essential items to the list of services they provide to people who live in Faribault County. interfaithcaregivers.net
- Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota – are delivering meals on wheels from all of their sites and have the option for frozen meals. lssmn.org
- Prairie Five Community Action – with their hot/cold food truck, they can deliver meals on wheels and people have the option to also sign up for frozen meals. prairiefive.org
- Wellspring Faith in Action – are providing support and education to their caregivers via telephone and also assisting in delivering meals. wellspringfia.org
- A.C.E. of SW Minnesota – are currently providing caregivers with check-in calls and support utilizing phone and face time, when available. aceswmn.org
Every day brings more changes, so we encourage everyone to stay tuned to the following websites for up-to-date information:
Take care, and stay safe.
Jason W. Swanson, HSE
Executive Director, MNRAAA