Caregiver Coach Basic Training – Redwood Falls
December 19, 2016 at 8:30 am - 4:30 pm -
- Personalized service that equips family caregivers with knowledge, skills and tools to achieve a balanced lifestyle while caring for another person.
- The caregiver consultant assists caregivers in identifying needs and values…facilitates goal-setting and development of person-centered plan….provides ongoing coaching and support to assist caregivers in reaching established goals.
Assumptions about professionals who take this training
- Trainees have professional experience and training in ethics, interviewing and understanding how to maintain confidentiality. They must also have excellent interpersonal skills, knowledge of basic medical conditions/diseases common among older adults, family caregiving, principles of adult education, and familiarity with home and community-based services, some knowledge of family systems.
- Trainers are teaching foundation of coaching skills for the caregiver consultant to use.
- This Training provides necessary background, context, and handouts for easy reference.
- Training will create an atmosphere in which to “practice” using skills within a coaching/consulting framework.
- Trainees will be knowledgeable about the history and background of MN Caregiving Services and knowledge of when and how to add in additional relevant skills and services.
Learn more about Caregiver Coaching on our website, download the registration form and pay via PayPal.