Leader Training Opportunity:
This is an opportunity for your organization to be trained as a Leader in DSMP and be able to offer this workshop in your community. DSMP is designed to help adults with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes learn self-management skills and increase their confidence level in managing their diabetes. The interactive curriculum includes topics such as:
- Techniques to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, such as:
- stress and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear and frustration
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- Healthy eating
- Appropriate use of medication
- Working more effectively with health care providers
- Participants learn to make weekly, realistic, achievable “action plans.”
Workshops are facilitated by 2 trained leaders.
If you are already a CDSMP class leader and are actively teaching classes in your community, you can go through the one day Leader Cross-Training.
To register, please fill out this form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T8F3D6V