The Minnesota River Area Agency on Aging (MNRAAA) recognizes the challenges organizations face in serving older adults, caregivers and persons with disabilities during the coronavirus pandemic. To support coronavirus related services MNRAAA has established a Response Fund and invites applications. The purpose of this fund is to support older adults, caregivers and persons with disabilities with services such as access to nutrition, social isolation, culturally responsive services and caregiver supports.
- 501(c)3 Non-profit Organizations
- Small Businesses
Grant funding must be used to serve older adults, caregivers and/or persons with disabilities in the MNRAAA service area which includes: Big Stone, Blue Earth, Brown, Chippewa, Cottonwood, Faribault, Jackson, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Le Sueur, Lincoln, Lyon, Martin, McLeod, Meeker, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Pipestone, Redwood, Renville, Rock, Sibley, Swift, Waseca, Watonwan and Yellow Medicine Counties.
Funding Amount Range:
Generally, between $1,000-$10,000 with the option of awarding higher amounts as determined by MNRAAA.
Coronavirus Response Funds will be awarded on a competitive basis and the request for applications will remain open until available funds are exhausted. Applications will be considered weekly. The Coronavirus Response Fund Committee may retain applications for consideration in the future, depending on other applications received. MNRAAA’s intent is to keep the application process simple and concise.
MNRAAA is seeking applications to address the service needs of older adults, caregivers and/or persons with disabilities as a direct result of the coronavirus pandemic such as:
- Nutrition. Support older adults and/or persons with disabilities with no or limited access to adequate nutrition with services such as shopping for and delivery of groceries, medication and other essential items.
- Volunteers. Support sustain and/or recruit volunteers for services for older adults, caregivers and/or persons with disabilities.
- Diversity. Support diverse older adults, caregivers and/or persons with disabilities by assisting in interpreting coronavirus related materials and/or utilizing technologies for connecting to services virtually.
- Virtual Service Delivery. Development of plan to adapt current older adult, caregiver services and/or persons with disabilities to a virtual format and investment in technologies and training to deliver programing.
- Applications submitted by 12:00, noon on Wednesday, will generally be reviewed on the following Friday. Applications should be 1-3 pages in length and emailed to email@example.com.
- The Coronavirus Response Fund Committee will recommend applications for funding to the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee will make final funding decisions.
All notification of Coronavirus Response Fund awards will be made through email.
Payout of Grant: Upon receipt of electronically signed Grant Agreements.
Grantee Required Documents: Grant Application and Grant Agreement
Direct Inquiries to:
Joyce Prahm, Finance Director
Minnesota River Area Agency on Aging
201 North Broad Street, Suite 102
Mankato, MN 56001
507.387.1256, ext. 108 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Assistance is Available from MNRAAA’s Program Development Staff.