We are thrilled to announce the kickoff summit for a new initiative on health, empowerment, and independence for aging adults in the Minnesota River Area Agency on Aging’s Southwest Planning and Service Area (SW PSA).
The initiative is being supported by a statewide network of Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) and the financial partnership of Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies. Together, our aim is to better connect older adults with a community-based system of self-management and well-care programs to promote wellness and maintain independence. Through new referral pathways, increasing marketing and messaging capacity, and a comprehensive web resource that links older adults with programs available in their area, we will collaboratively build a network that better serves older adults in our communities.
- April 5
- Crossview Covenant Church, 2000 Howard Drive, North Mankato, MN
- April 6
- First Lutheran Church, 100 Church Street, Marshall, MN
- Times: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Summit purpose: this summit is being convened to develop a collective action plan for the SW PSA that can help people remain healthy and independent in their communities through evidence-based health promotion programs. At the end of the summit, we will have an action plan that can make the SW PSA an even healthier place to live and age.
- Provide an overview of the statewide Healthy Living initiative
- Discuss the value of a culture shift toward well-care and the role of evidence-based self-management programs
- Identify collective opportunities and determine work groups to support the SW PSA’s efforts
- Develop a collective strategy and action plan (including clear next steps and a call to action)
Who is this summit for? This event is a great opportunity for those who are a:
- Professional working in a health care provider organization
- Professional working in a health insurance company
- Professional working in a long-term care or housing provider organization
- Professional working in a community organization that serves older adults
- Community member interested in health
- Family member of someone who could benefit from evidence-based health promotion programs
- Person who cares about the SW PSA
A call to action and follow-up commitments from community leaders will conclude the session.
Please register for this event using the link to the right. A week before the summit, we will send you a packet of relevant information.
As a champion for our region, we look forward to your engagement. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for further information.
For more information regarding Healthy Living as You Age or the 2017 Regional Summits, contact:
Health Care Partnership Developer
Minnesota River Area Agency on Aging®, Inc.
201 N. Broad St., Suite 102
Mankato, MN 56001