Information and Assistance Specialists and volunteers provide comprehensive and unbiased phone-based and in-person assistance to aging adults, caregivers, service providers and persons with disabilities who are enrolled in Medicare.
Information and Assistance Specialists also coordinate and conduct presentations and outreach activities to increase awareness of the niche areas of the Senior LinkAge Line®.
- Provide long-term care options counseling
- Provide Medicare & health insurance counseling
- Provide support and resources for caregivers
- Coordinate and staff outreach sites during the annual Medicare Open Enrollment period
- Conduct educational presentations on niche areas of the Senior LinkAge Line
Visit our calendar to see the most current list of New to Medicare classes in southwestern Minnesota.
The Senior LinkAge Line is a free statewide service of the Minnesota Board on Aging and Area Agencies on Aging. The Senior LinkAge Line is the federally-designated State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) for Minnesota and is the place to call for Medicare and health insurance issues. Call 1-800-333-2433 for assistance or go to www.MinnesotaHelp.info to chat live with a Senior LinkAge Line specialist.