Every person has the right to live in the setting of their choice. The Senior LinkAge
Line® helps older adults remain in their homes or return to their home from a facility by providing
free in-depth support and follow-up. Support is also provided to involved family members and
caregivers. Those eligible are:
• 60 years or older
• In their home or in a facility and wanting to return home
• Not on Medical Assistance
How Does It Work? A provider (nursing facility, hospital, clinic, etc.) can make a referral or a person can self-refer online: https://www.sllreferral.org/
Once the Senior LinkAge Line receives a referral*, the process usually involves:
- Discussing the help that is available
- Deciding if participating is right for a person
- If so, working together to develop a comprehensive plan that will meet the person’s needs and preferences o This includes exploring available resources, estimating costs and helping set-up services, such as:
- Home health
- Meal/grocery delivery
- Help around the house
- Home modification or repair
- Financial or legal assistance
- Caregiver support
- Medicare, and much more
- Later, it includes follow-up to support long-term success in the community.
*The Senior LinkAge Line also receives referrals from the Minnesota Board on Aging, based on a profile list of nursing facility residents.
For More Information Call the Senior LinkAge Line at 800-333-2433, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.