Coming Soon – Medicare Open Enrollment begins October 15
Before you know it, Medicare Open Enrollment will soon be here. Each year, from October 15 through December 7, people on Medicare can reevaluate their coverage for the coming year. If you have a Medicare Advantage or a Medicare Part D plan, it is important to watch your mail in September for an Annual Notice of Change. This notice will show you changes that will be made to your plan for the next year.
Because plans can change from year to year, it is important to take the time to do your research. There are important things to consider when reviewing your coverage. Find out:
- Is your plan still available?
- Are your medical providers/doctors still in the plan’s network?
- Will you be able to use your preferred pharmacy?
- Are your medications still covered and/or has the cost increased?
- Did the premium(s) increase?
- What will you pay in other out-of-pocket costs?
- Do you plan to travel?
To receive non-biased help with Medicare, call the Senior Linkage Line® at 800-333-2433. The Senior LinkAge Line is a free statewide service of the Minnesota Board on Aging in partnership with Minnesota’s area agencies on aging. It is Minnesota’s federally designated State Health Insurance Assistance Program or SHIP. Trained specialists are available Monday-Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. to help answer your questions and research plan options.
Before you call, get prepared by:
- Creating an account at Medicare.gov
- Having your personal information ready (full name, date of birth, ZIP Code, Medicare number, Part A and B enrollment dates)
- Gathering your medication or prescription drug list
Remember, Medicare Open Enrollment happens only once a year. Review your plan and compare it with others to ensure you’ve selected the plan that is best for you.