The Minnesota River Area Agency on Aging (MNRAAA) recently trained staff from five area organizations in Basic Caregiver Coaching Skills and Inside the Family Circle: Mastering the Family Meeting. These trained professionals are now able to provide caregiver consultation services in Minnesota.
Staff from these organizations completed training in February 2021.
- A.C.E. of Southwest Minnesota (https://aceswmn.org/)
- Adara Home Health (https://adarahomehealth.com/)
- Elder Network (http://www.elder-network.org/)
- Granite Falls Living At Home-Block Nurse Program (https://www.lahgranitefalls.org/)
- Waseca Area Caregiver Services (https://wasecacaregivers.com/)
Caregiver consultants equip caregivers with the knowledge, skills and tools to achieve a balanced lifestyle while caring for others. They focus on problem-solving, information sharing, skill development, and emotional support. A caregiver consultant helps caregivers develop strategies to achieve a balanced lifestyle that enhances their ability to provide good care and manage their well-being.
If you are a caregiver and are interested in speaking with a caregiver consultant, contact the organization at the websites listed above.