Did You Know?
Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness, heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, and amputation of lower extremities. By improving food choices and increasing physical activity, you can manage your diabetes or cut your risk of developing type 2 diabetes in half. You are the most important member of your healthcare team. This class will help you learn more about diabetes and how to best work with others on your team.
Who Should Take The Class?
- Adults with type 2 diabetes’
- Adults with prediabetes or
- Adults living with someone who has type 2 or prediabetes
What’s in it for me?
- Support from class leaders and other participants
- Education about diabetes and actions you can take to improve your health
- Improvements in blood sugar and energy levels
- Confidence and reassurance in preventing or managing type 2 diabetes
Participants meet for two hours, once a week for six weeks
When: October 12 – November 16, Tuesdays 1 – 3 PM
Where: VINE Adult Community Center, 421 E Hickory Street, Mankato MN 56001
To register or for more information, contact Jen Wunderlich at VINE
(507) 386-5588 or firstname.lastname@example.org