Minnesota River Area Agency on Aging, in partnership with CCM Health, is hosting a free, virtual training “What is dementia and how does it affect decision-making skills?”
Cost? 2 hours of your time.
- Cognitive processes that can be impaired in dementia
- How cognitive processes are evaluated
- Differentiating dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Types of dementia other than Alzheimer’s disease-all dementias don’t look the same
- How do impairments in cognitive processes affect communication and function (including decision-making)
Presented by: Gretchen Reeves MA, CCC-SLP and Lori Petersen, BA
Gretchen Reeves has been working as a Speech-Language Pathologist at CCM Health in Montevideo, MN, since 1997. She specializes in the evaluation and treatment of cognitive communication disorders caused by dementia in multiple care settings, including inpatient, outpatient, long-term care, and home health. In 2008, Gretchen played a large role in the creation of the CCM Health Memory Care Clinic (MCC).
In 2015, Lori Petersen began a network in Montevideo and was hired by the Chippewa County Montevideo Hospital as a Memory Care Coordinator, linking people with memory loss, and their caregivers, to the resources available to them. She was instrumental in setting up several memory loss awareness networks in various communities, as well as serving on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s planning committee. Lori is available as a FREE resource to all.
Register online at https://dementia_0602am.eventbrite.com