Dementia Friends is a 60-minute information session led by a Dementia Friend Champion. After participating in a Dementia Friends session, participants will be able to:
- Describe dementia and know the most common types of dementia
- State the five key messages about dementia
- Dementia is not a normal part of aging
- Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain
- Dementia is not just about having memory problems
- It is possible to have a good quality of life with dementia
- There’s more to the person than the dementia
- Explain one approach to effectively communicate with a person with dementia
- Commit to an action as a Dementia Friend in your community
Dementia Friend Champion Training
Dementia Friend Champion Training is a 90 minute in-person training for volunteers interested in offering Dementia Friends sessions for friends, family, colleagues, and community.
The goal is to help community members understand dementia and how they can make a difference for people living with dementia.
For more information about Dementia Friends and to find Dementia Friends sessions and Dementia Friends Champion training visit http://actonalz.org/dementia-friends-0