The Return to Community initiative (RTCI) has helped more than 5,000 people move from a nursing facility back into the community. RTCI is an evidence-based, consumer-driven service provided locally by Minnesota’s Senior LinkAge Line®. Staff work closely with nursing home residents, their families and nursing facility staff to make sure support is in place for the resident’s return home. In 2018, RTCI expanded beyond nursing homes to help people:
- With lower incomes (who are not on Medical Assistance) who have been discharged from a hospital;
- Whose doctor ordered them to stay more than 90 days in a nursing home;
- In a nursing home on a respite stay;
- Who have decided not to move to an assisted living facility after discussing their options with the Senior LinkAge Line®;
- Who have reached the end of their Medicare-certified home care;
- Struggling to remain independent in their homes.
For more information, call the Senior LinkAge Line® at 1-800-333-2433 or go to www. MinnesotaHelp.info® to chat live with a Senior LinkAge Line® specialist during business hours.