A MATTER OF BALANCE
A Matter of Balance (MOB) acknowledges the risk of falling but emphasizes practical coping strategies to reduce this fear.
- Promoting a view of falls and fear of falling as controllable
- Setting realistic goals for increasing activity
- Changing the environment to reduce fall risk factors
- Promoting exercise to increase strength and balance.
- The workshop is conducted over eight sessions, meeting weekly or twice weekly for two hours per session.
- Meetings are led by 2 trained coaches.
- A Guest Healthcare Professional visit to the community class.
- Hosted in a community setting.
- The program’s goal is to reduce fear of falling, stop the fear of falling cycle, and increase activity levels among community-dwelling older adults.