Millions of adults live with one or more chronic health conditions. A chronic health condition is an on-going health problem or disease such as diabetes, heart disease, arthritis or other long-term problem. Workplace Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (wCDSMP) builds participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health condition.
MNRAAA can now train wCDSMP leaders. This program is an adaptation of the six-week Chronic Disease Self-Management Program and contains similar content, but is rearranged into one-hour segments for the workplace.
Sessions are led by two trained wCDSMP leaders at a hosting workplace. Participants are employees of the hosting workplace who are also dealing with a chronic health condition.
Curriculum includes the following:
- Techniques to help balance work and home life
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- How to evaluate new treatments
Participants make weekly action plans, share experiences and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program.
To learn more, contact Lynn Buckley at 507.387.1256 x114 or [email protected].